Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Reflection I

It seems rather weird not to end off my Blog with a reflection of my thought about the Math module when I had mentioned in my first post that I looked forward to this Math module.

Honestly, it wasn't anything I have expected.

Then again, comes to think about it, I really don't know what to expect!

....hmm...hmm...

or maybe.....

I do expect some 'think I'm so smart' lecturer walking into class throwing us lot of math problems to show how smart he is when everybody in class could not solve the problems.

Well, that is really not the case here.

I think I like the way Dr Yeap, drives us through the math problems. It allows me to truly gain a new understanding of the math problems, through concrete drawings and diagram that make it seems less abstract.

And the questions that he throw our ways prompt us to think and see the problems and solve it by breaking them into the simplest and most basic form that means something for new learners and abit frustrating for 'us' because we know we can solve the problems with  the application of some formulae or equations.

But I have to say that it is good!
 
For it allows me to be able to see it from the children's point of view, and have a better understanding of how the perceive information and construct knowledge.
 
The sharing of theory and information has also allow me to gain better understanding of how children learn and what they really need and how I can better facilitate the children's learning and get them prepared for higher learning as they progress on to Primary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment